How to Build an Employee Listening Strategy - Webinar Replay
How to Build an Employee Listening Strategy
And why you need one for better retention, engagement, and overall workplace health
This Webinar was hosted by GoCo.
At the end of this Webinar, you'll walk away with actionable tips you can implement now to see immediate results and be able to:
- Avoid the most common mistakes organizations make when gathering employee feedback.
- Implement multiple listening methods across the employee lifecycle so that your employees feel heard and valued.
- Develop a continuous listening strategy to act on feedback and improve your organization's employee engagement and retention.
Or, if you'd rather read a 30,000-foot view instead, I've got you covered.
Here's the webinar outline and a few slides I shared throughout the presentation. And if you'd like to download the free resource I shared with attendees, scroll to the bottom of the post to get your copy.
What Is An Employee Listening Strategy?
According to AIHR, an employee listening strategy is 'an orchestrated effort to better understand the people in your organization and hence improve the employee experience.'
What Are The Most Common Mistakes Organizations Make With Respect to Employee Listening?
- Failing to identify holistic and concrete listening strategy goals and priorities and stopping short of connecting those goals to business outcomes.
Assuming employees have the psychological safety to communicate up about their experiences, and neglecting to focus on change management and communication plans.
Only collecting feedback at one point in time, making it difficult to take action when it matters most, and not having the right employee feedback channels in place.
How Can We Evolve Our Employee Listening Strategy?
What Are The Four Principles of Continuous Listening?
We've got the right training, tools, and technology in place so employees can constantly access upward communication channels.
We're asking the right questions: Quantitative and Qualitative, AND Open and Anonymous/Confidential.
We're creating feedback loops and sharing the collective voice with our employees.
We're acting on what we're learning.
What Are Some Ways We Can Listen Across The Employee Lifecycle?
What Tech Tools Can You Recommend?
- First, remember that Human Touch > Tech Tools.
- Authentic connection and communication will typically yield the most meaningful insights.
- Always connect your HR tech stack to a purpose.
- Survey fatigue is real.
- Only survey as much as you are able to communicate and take action.
- But here are my favorite tools:
Here's a Final Question For You...
"What's one concrete thing you can do in the next month to improve your listening strategy?"
Because small improvements add up to big culture change. 🙌🏻
What About the Free Download You Mentioned Earlier?
It's full of my favorite qualitative questions you can use to assess and boost the engagement of your employees.
Hey, thanks so much for being here – I hope you found this webinar and/or blog content engaging and helpful. I'd love to hear from you with any questions you have, strategies you've implemented that are working for you, or to discuss how I could help you and your organization optimize your engagement and retention initiatives.
If you'd like to schedule a free consult call, click here.
Get My Newsletter Delivered Right to Your Inbox!
Join thousands of People + Culture Leaders investing in their growth and development each week. 🙌🏻
No spam. No selling your info. Just great content.