How to Streamline HR Operations: Strategies for Time, Cost, and Resource Optimization - Webinar Replay
How to Streamline HR Operations: Strategies for Time, Cost, and Resource Optimization
In today's rapidly evolving business landscape, HR leaders are under increased pressure to maximize efficiency while juggling numerous day-to-day responsibilities.
This Webinar was hosted by GoCo.
In this Webinar, you'll walk away with actionable tips you can implement to see immediate results and we will look at:
👉 An exploration of how to design a robust employee journey.
👉 Simplifying and maximizing onboarding processes.
👉 Creating effective communication channels and messages that resonate with employees, ensuring they feel seen, heard, and known.
👉 Using HR technology to automate and simplify processes, ultimately improving employee experiences.
👉 Freeing up time for you to do the things technology can't.
👉 ...and more!
Or, if you'd rather read a 30,000-foot view instead, I've got you covered.
Here's the webinar outline and a few slides I shared throughout the presentation. And if you'd like to download the free resource I shared with attendees, scroll to the bottom of the post to get your copy.
What's the biggest challenge you face when it comes to streamlining your HR processes?
As HR leaders, we may face all sorts of challenges or barriers to our operational successes and efficiencies. Here are some common ones:
Here are three strategies that work AND contribute to an exceptional employee experience that free up HR leaders to do more of the things that technology can't.
Strategy #1: Audit & Maximize Your Employee Journey
- Taking a 30,000 ft view and analyzing the employee journey creates a better employee experience which means less turnover.
- It allows you to understand where inefficiencies, gaps, bottlenecks, or obstacles exist.
- It helps you distinguish between activity and impact so that you can improve alignment.
- Employee Journey Mapping is a process used by organizations to understand the different stages of an employee's experience within a company.
Strategy #2: Leverage Employee Listening & People Analytics
- This strategy is about communication and it dials up our listening efforts by utilizing an employee listening strategy.
- An employee listening strategy is an orchestrated effort to better understand the people in your organization and hence improve the employee experience. - AIHR
- We can evolve our listening strategy from episodic listening to continuous listening.
- By leveraging employee listening and HR analytics, we can make better-informed decisions that are backed by data – leading to improved efficiency and cost savings.
Strategy #3: Lean Into HR Tech and Automate
- HR Specialists spend, on average, over 40% of their time on administrative work, while 23% rely on paper-based HR administration.
- HR Tech can:
- Improve the employee experience.
- Provide you with dependable workflows and processes.
- Remove manual and tedious admin tasks from your to-do list.
- Improve internal communication and consistency.
- Empower employees with self-service.
- Help you track important workforce metrics.
- Improve your data management (+data security).
What Tech Tools Can You Recommend?
- First, remember that Human Touch > Tech Tools.
- Authentic connection and communication will typically yield the most meaningful insights.
- Always connect your HR tech stack to a purpose.
- Survey fatigue is real.
- Only survey as much as you are able to communicate and take action.
- But here are my favorite tools:
Here's a Final Question For You...
Because small improvements add up to big culture change. 🙌🏻
What About the Free Download You Mentioned Earlier?
These Employee Journey Questions will give you really powerful questions that will help you think through every phase of the employee life cycle.
Get My Newsletter Delivered Right to Your Inbox!
Join thousands of People + Culture Leaders investing in their growth and development each week. 🙌🏻
No spam. No selling your info. Just great content.